Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Not Much To Update

I realize that it's been awhile since I've posted.  It's mostly because there hasn't been much to write about.  We are really busy, but it's with all the little details that the adoption paperwork requires.  

Finally got our medical releases done.  We had to take a notary to the doctor's office with us; that was fun.  The girls go tomorrow to get their immunizations up to date and get the doctor to sign off on their good health.  They realized the other day that that meant shots.  And AJ is already crying.  Bret was going to go with me because I fear she is going to have a meltdown.  (She wouldn't even stay in the room when Bret and I were getting our TB tests.) Turns out he can't go so I'm planning on offering ice cream or some other treat as incentive to just get it done.  Yes, that's called bribery.  And yes, I'm perfectly fine with it in this situation.  Although, truthfully I think a better word is "reward" for getting through the shots.  

The girls and I went to the courthouse yesterday to request a copy of our marriage certificate.  Thankfully, I had been told to bypass the long line and go to the Clerks office.  The other line was incredibly long and the clerks office had no one in it.  Paid my $7 and they will mail it to me in a few days.  Check that off the list!

We are still reading our assigned book and I'm working on the online training.  Our internet is so slow out here that it takes longer than it should.  But I'm more than halfway done!  

Between adoption stuff, homeschooling, daily household duties, errands, bible study preparation, and other miscellaneous stuff, I feel like I have NO time for anything else.  Occasionally I get time to play a word on Words With Friends!  But as far as reading a good book, watching a show, or catching up with friends...none of that is happening.  I miss my friends.  But once the paperwork is sent, hopefully some of that will slow down some.  Until he gets home...and that's a whole other story.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment