Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Auction News!

I have some great news!  My sweet friend, Kristan, called me the other day to tell me about a friend of hers who owns a business.  A few times a year this friend, Brittni, has an auction to raise money for people in the adoption process.  Even though this gracious lady does not know me, she is going to help organize an auction (with Kristan) and give us the proceeds!  I am beyond amazed!!  There is a lot I don't know yet, but as details emerge, I'll let you know.  

One thing I do know is that they ask vendors to donate items to the auction.  (It's so amazing that people help strangers out in this way!!)  So, some of you reading this might be one of those vendors, sent here to check out the blog and read up on our story.  So I'd thought I'd summarize our story for you here.  

We started this journey a year or so ago when the Lord started laying on my heart the idea of adoption.  I figured I had just lost my mind until I said something to my husband about it and found out he was having the same thoughts.  It was so surprising to us because we have two girls and were finished having children...or so we thought.  But we decided we should at least be praying about it, so for the next several months that's what we did.  Then God brought a dear family into our lives; a family who had just adopted a little girl from Ethiopia. Then a close friend of mine revealed they were thinking of doing the same thing...something they had never considered before either.  As much as I didn't think these things were coincidences, I needed to know for sure that this was what God was asking of us.  I kept praying and hoped God would just write the answer in the sky or something but apparently He doesn't do that.  ;)  I tried putting it out of my mind, but He never let me forget it.  Finally, I "gave in" and realized that this was not some crazy idea, but something that the Lord was asking us to do.  Was I going to ignore it?  Not hardly.  


We are adopting a baby boy.  A sweet little thing from the beautiful country of Ethiopia.  Right now we are in the process of completing the paperwork to finish our dossier.  Thankfully, we are almost finished with that part of the process and then we will wait for our referral, where they tell us who our son is.  I don't know how long this whole thing will end up taking, but I know that God is in the middle of it and that's exciting.  Our girls are so happy about their "baby boy", as they call him, and can't wait for him to get home. 

I thank you so much for visiting my blog, reading our story, and considering donating to the auction.  God bless you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment