Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Preliminary Hearing

Last night I received an email from Lesley informing me that our preliminary hearing as been set for July 31, 2013!!  I was so excited and so amazed.  I had spent quite a bit of time on my knees that morning praying for the hearing to be scheduled quickly.  It is the first in a long list of steps that have to happen to get him home and now we are moving that direction!  

We will not be at this hearing.  This is to determine that all paperwork is in order and that things can proceed and a court date can be set.  Only 6 days after our hearing, the courts will close down for the rainy season.  I was hoping that our court date would be scheduled at this hearing, but Lifeline does not think it will.  I am praying that God works a miracle and we are able to not only get a court date, but to actually be in court before closure.  And it would definitely be that: a miracle.  :)  I know God can make it happen, it's just a matter of if it meets His timetable.  And it might not, and I will be okay with that. 

So thankful to the Lord for allowing this first step to be scheduled and will continue to pray for His will. 

1 comment: