Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Yep, It Really Is A New Post.

It's been like 8 months.  Sad, I know.  Joelle kept bugging me to post something and I knew I should.  But there isn't much going on besides waiting.  Waiting, waiting, and more waiting.  I do think I should/will try to fill you in on what I can remember from the last several months.  (But it probably won't be remembered or written in chronological order, and I doubt anyone cares.)

Speaking of Joelle, she is in the process of bringing home two older sibling girls from Ghana.  They are beautiful!  And I can't wait to meet them!   My friend Heather brought home her 2 year old son from China in December and is in the midst of bonding with her new son.  One of the driving forces to us picking Ethiopia, was Konnette's daughter who is from there.  On January 15, they celebrated 2 years of her being home.

For us, the wait has been easy.  And hard.  I know God's timing is perfect so I'm resting in that, and trying to enjoy the calm before the storm.   At the same time I'm ready to meet him!  I want to see his little face, explore his country, snuggle him, kiss his (hopefully chubby) cheeks, play with him, see my girls love on him, enjoy Bret with his son.  So many things.  It's hard not knowing if he's even born yet.  But God knows and he will be here when he's supposed to be here. 

For my birthday in September, some ladies at church surprised me with a little party and gifts.  The gifts were letters. All the letters of the alphabet.  They had each been assigned a letter and they took their letter and decorated it with their own creativity.  So each letter of my alphabet looks different, are different shapes and sizes and colors, and each reminds me of the person who made it.  It was such an incredible gift of love...for me and for Justus' room. 



Have I told you that we decided on a name?  I can't remember.  Justus.  It's in the bible three times, naming men who were followers of Jesus.  (Acts 1:23, Acts 18:7, Colossians 4:11)  It will probably be Justus Owen (his first birth name, whatever that ends up being) Cline. 

Guess that's all I can recall for now.  I'm hoping that I'll be updating the blog soon with good news. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment