Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Never Say Never

For those (all 7 of you) that read this blog only to be up to date on our adoption journey, look away.  This post won't have much to do with adoption.  I'm finding this blogging thing to be a bit therapeutic, so I wanted to occasionally write about other things.  Forgive me.  It won't be the least bit interesting for ya'll...except maybe my mom.  (Hi, Mom!)

One of the reasons I titled this blog the way I did is because I've gotten to the point where I never know what to expect next.  God has a way of bringing things into my life that I never thought I'd do.  Like adoption.  Like homeschooling.  (I've definitely learned to stop saying the word 'never'.  Just one example of many: I once passed a street named Flax Bourton.  When I saw it I said, "What a stupid name for a street.  I will never live on a street named Flax Bourton." A few weeks later we moved into a house on Flax Bourton.  True story.)  


So, anyway, I'm in a state of wondering what God is up to in my life.  He's been bringing lots of things to my attention lately and not just about adoption.  I feel like He is in the process of showing me things that will drastically change up the way I see things, the way I do things.  In general, just messing up my nice comfortable life.  Part of me wants to bury my head and go about my business.  And part of me wonders what it all means and what do I do about it.  


I'm hoping and praying that He won't let me miss it.  Which is silly because I know He won't, not if I truly want to know His will and become more like Him.  So, I keep on, fighting my tendency to be lazy (not winning that battle much) and just live my life, tending to only those things that need daily attention.  But I feel like there is something more. 


On an adoption note: AJ has decided on three names she likes for our little boy when he gets here.  Squinkie, Marsupial, and Santa.  Hmmm.  Can't say any of those are doing it for me.  We'll have to keep searching. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Consider it a GREAT thing when God challenges your 'comfortable life.' I'm learning more & more that comfort is something that Americans seek after more than they should. Even for Christian Americans..."COMFORT" can become our GOD. But Jesus never said or did things to increase peoples comfort levels. He instead challenged all He encountered and left them changed, if they rose to the occassion. Seek Him first and He will make your paths straight...not easy, but straight. By the way, He's doing the same thing to me about moving back to the States...which is making it exciting (albeit a bit scary) to see what God has for us, when we get back. And Heather, there is MORE; God's not finished with you yet! :)

    ReplyDelete