Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Here We Go...

I'm pretty sure this is one of those things I said I'd never do.  I love to read blogs, but writing one?  Nope.  But as with many things in my life, I have done the exact thing I said I'd NEVER do.  

So.  Why am I starting a blog?  Why would I do this when there are so many already out there?  Well, it's because I can't remember squat.  Tis true.  It's bad.  And I have many more years of life ahead of me to get even more forgetful.  (At least I hope I have many more years ahead...) I am doing this so that I will have a place to document my thoughts, feelings, actions, fears, prayers, and praises.  Sounds like a really interesting read, doesn't it??  Probably not for you.  But that's okay.  It's mostly for me...and maybe a few others that can put up with my ramblings.  (There are probably 3 or 4 of them!) 

The reason I want to document all these intriguing thoughts (and I hope there are many) is because Bret and I have decided to adopt.  (Yes, Heather, it's true.  You really are doing this.)  This is a big, BIG thing for me and I'm nervous about it.  I know this is what God is leading us to do and so I'm on board, just doing so with white knuckles at the moment.  

This all started in the Spring of 2011 when I started having thoughts about adoption.  I quickly dismissed them because I'm pretty sure I said I'd never do that.  I definitely said I was not having more kids and this is kinda the same thing.  But the thoughts wouldn't go away. I wasn't too worried about it though because I had a secret weapon.  I would say something to Bret, he would look at me like I was crazy, tell me "Uh. No.", and we'd be done with the topic.  I was relieved to put the responsibility of forgetting it onto his shoulders.  
So one night, in a casual sort of way and while we were both in the middle of something else, I said, "So, what do you think about adoption?"  He stopped, looked at me, thought a moment, then said, "I'd be open to that."  Then he continued on his way while I tried to keep myself upright.  I couldn't believe it.  

Okay, now.  I know ya'll are just sitting on pins and needles wondering what happened next!  But you'll have to wait.  It's late and I'm tired and there's much more to type in order to get the whole story written up to this point.  


Nighty, Night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment